Blog background

Monday, January 26, 2015

Snow, Snow, Snow

January 26, 2015

            It has finally snowed in New Jersey.  It looks as if it will be a blizzard.  I'm excited.  I've heard we will be getting everything from 6 inches to 3 feet.  As I'm writing, the library is closing due to the storm, so I better make this quick.

            We spent two days walking because the walking elders needed our car so they could go to a transfer conference.  Gratefully, we met some really cool people along the way or else it would have been a long day.  One of my favorites was a Haitian man by the name of Kola like the drink. He shared with us that on the day of the ice rain he had almost been killed in a car accident, but God protected him.

            I was also able to talk to Sister Papin from my last area today and she lost her job so now she is super excited to come to church all the time.  God works in mysterious ways.

            Crazy thing about Jersey—because of the snow it is really hard to find parking, so in order to save a parking spot, people put out trash cans and chairs in the street so they can have somewhere to park.  It is really funny.

            We had the best surprise Thursday morning.  A member gave us a call and asked what we were doing.  It was about 9, so obviously we were studying.  "Well I'm at the diner right next to your house; come meet me there."  We had the best breakfast every.  I love how much the members care!

            Got to go, the storm is coming.

Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment