Blog background

Monday, January 27, 2014

Rain, Snow, or Shine......Nothing can stop us!

After 4 Miles of Walking


January 27, 2014

My first Blizzard walking!  We trek 7 miles that day with the wind to our faces.  We journeyed on.  It was so much fun.  But as you can see from my picture I had a little bit of a hard time seeing.  It was a crazy week with everything that happened.  We finally got some more investigators, which we are so excited for.  This week has really been in God's hands.  We plan the day and everything falls through, but somehow we end up seeing those who need us the most.  Just the other day we on the spot decided to go see a member.  We rang the doorbell and it sprang open rushing us to come inside and what to our surprise was lunch.   (The food was amazing)!  In addition, to increase the surprise we were given a name of someone who might be interested in the Gospel.  God really does take care of his servants.  

That is what I love about the mission.  God directing his children exactly where they need to be.  Yesterday my companion and I had the neat opportunity to teach Relief Society. We gave a lesson on being more fully-converted.  It amazed me the blessings that come when, with God's help, we change our hearts.  This change comes over time and I have experienced it greatly on my mission.  Missions are 10 years crammed into 1 1/2 or else—that is what it feels like.  In a mission the changes is immense so it is a privilege to see the progress you make in such a short time.  I have seen my conversion going from knowing these things are true to becoming a true follower of Jesus Christ.  The Gospel is so incredible! I am so greatly blessed!

Your Missionary,
Sister Rogers
 


How Sister Rogers kept warm during the storm

No comments:

Post a Comment