Blog background

Friday, October 11, 2013

I Made It a Week


Well this week has been so much better than last week.  So much has happened.  The food is good, but I wish I could go back to eating my health veggies.  I know crazy, right?

Teaching has gone amazing even though it still terrifies me to teach the gospel.  I'm currently teaching one of my teachers and it is the most amazing thing because he almost becomes the investigator that we are teaching.  I don't know how to describe it.  We walk into the room and the light from his eyes is gone.  It’s really cool as because you can see the Holy Ghost slowly enter into his life.  I have been greatly blessed.  

Two of the Elders in our Branch have gone home, which has been extremely sad, but they have felt it was the right thing to do.  I had a really cool experience teaching one of our TRC.  She wasn't interested in any way joining the church, but I could feel the Spirits peace so amazing strong afterwards I knew we had said just what he wanted us to say.  I have never felt the Spirit so strongly in my life; it’s like he is always there just waiting for me to call on him.....

Okay, apparently the Elder's residents halls have what they call Narnia holes, which is basically where everyone hides treats for other Elder's to find.  It so weird and they even found some chocolate milk that had been sitting there for a while.  The Sister's halls don't have any and I'm not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing.

Going to the MTC has really redefined what I believed a missionary to be.  Most of what they teach you is teaching skills.  We don't learn the lesson, but are expected to know and study, so that we can teach in our own words.  Though I'm grateful that I was born in the church being a missionary would have been easier if I wasn't.  Like how do you teach someone of the importance of going to church or why they should read the book of Mormon?  I know that this church is true because without Heavenly Fathers help I could not go out and teach people.  My teacher is the Holy Ghost and I can only teach through him.  I know that my Savior lives.  He wants me to be here and I will give him my all.  This mission is not about me.  It’s about all of God's children.  This is his work and I am privilege to be a part of it. I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Your Missionary,

Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment