Blog background

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Haircut and guess what, I'm staying

February 18, 2014
This week was transfers and I don't know how I managed to do it, but I'm staying.  I will be in this area for at least 6 months.  Its crazy to think that I will have completed a third of my mission.  Well this week as you can see from the pictures I bobbed my hair.  It is so much fun and I don't have to do anything with it.
This week we finally got in contact with a less active by the name of Sister Samuel.  She is super cute and has a daughter and an older son.  She has been inactive for 17 years, but she still remembers how loved she felt by the missionaries.  It reminded me that no effort is ever wasted.
We have had so much snow that they are running out of places to put it.  It is the strangest thing I have ever seen dumping snow in huge dumpsters. 
This week I have been really focusing on reading my scriptures and it has really made a difference in my life.  I have been so amazingly happy and I am so greatful to have them.  A missionary once quoted that " Prayer is how we speak to go, but scriptures is how God speaks to us"  It is so true if you want to find answers go to the scriptures.
 
Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment