Blog background

Monday, April 7, 2014

It’s New Companion Time!

April 7, 2014

This week I traded my blonde-haired, Rapunzel companion for a blazing red-headed companion (pictures next week) by the name of Sister Houser.  She is a great missionary and has progressed the work a lot.  We have 3 with baptismal dates and it is the first time since I'm been here that we have had so many.  

We pick up a new investigator this week and she is so cool.  Every time we come over she feeds us and it is usually super healthy and good.  She was taught by the missionaries ten years previously and wasn't baptized because she couldn't stop smoking. The lesson was amazing as the spirit was filling the room as we gave the First Vision lesson.  Afterwards she couldn't believe she hadn't accepted this before and committed to be baptized.  It was an amazing moment and she was so excited.  

I loved conference so much especially, the talk by President Uchtdorf on gratitude.  It made me realize that if I want to be happy in this life I need to go around with a thankful heart.  My companion shared a story with me about a woman that was going through a really hard part of her life and was falling into depression, but instead of praying for her needs she began to thank God for what he had given her and the miracle of happiness started to come into her life.  

From Sister Rogers

Weird thing about New Jersey:  The 7-11s are convenience stores, not gas stations. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment