Blog background

Monday, March 31, 2014

Transfers

March 31, 2014

I'm a saying.  We found out on Thursday that my companion is going to be a Sister Training Leader! It is the only leadership position that sisters hold in the mission.  Well she is the second one that I have "trained" because my first companion in the field was one too. It looks as if I will be in the Engle "hood" for at least 7.5 months.  Good thing I know the ward like the back of my hand.  It has been really fun to be here.  Unfortunately knowing my luck I will leave before our new chapel opens. 

It’s been a crazy week with so much happening.  I actually spent one of those days in another area because my companion had to go to leadership training.  We actually went hiking with an investigator named Maggie who happens to be a Quaker.  She had neat stories to tell us about her travels and I'm proud to say I could keep up with her hiking stride.  It must have been my experience with those Washington hikes.  We also ate at a Mexican restaurant the Blue Moon.  It was super good with fried ice cream as dessert.  

We had a super neat experience at a less active house and it just happened that their sister named Donna was there.  We were able to introduce the Book of Mormon to her and the spirit was so strong as she talked about how she was starting to change her life.  She has had such a rough life and was so excited to read the book of Mormon.  She lives in Patterson though so some missionaries are going to have an amazing referral.

Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment