Blog background

Monday, June 9, 2014

Let’s Decorate the Gym


June 9, 2014

            Weddings are great.  This week we decorated for a wedding.  Let’s just say the gym at the church didn't look like a gym any longer.  We spent the majority of the service cutting plastic sheets to hang up on the walls.  We also decorated the gazebo.  But afterwards we were so exhausted.  My companion almost fell asleep in studies.  We had a stupendous week.

            On Monday we had a nice surprise.  One of our less actives asked us what we were doing and if we had had dinner.  Of course, a version of P-Day dinner is usually something you can scarf down while you are scrambling to finish the letters you promised to write to people.  So the obvious answer was no we had not had dinner.  She says “Then let’s go and get some food.”  So IHOP it was.  That was a real tender mercy of the Lord.

            This week was full of miracles.  We got in contact with at three people that we haven't seen since the first week of the transfer.  It was amazing to be so blessed.  My companion who is usually very timid even called one of them to repentance.  It made me so proud of her.  

            The greatest lesson I learned this week is that God really wants us to do such great things, but he knows we are not perfect, so he must perfect us in order to achieve our potential.  So I guess I no longer need to be surprised to discover that when I have the hardest trials the greatest blessings follow. One thing that my old companion always told me is that God is always preparing us for something else.  Well, I hope you all have a great week

            Just last note I want to thank everyone so much for their prayers.  I know a large part of my receiving so many blessings on my mission is due to all the prayers I have received from my friends and family.  I love you so much.

Sister Rogers

 


No comments:

Post a Comment