Blog background

Monday, August 18, 2014

Prepared People in New Jersey

August 18, 2014

            I'm amazed by the less-actives in the Freehold ward.  They are doing so well and really trying to keep the commandments.  It is such a neat experience to see them grow in the gospel.  It is also so sad because many of their family members are not supportive or quite anti to the church.  I can't imagine not having any support in the gospel.  

            John is on fire this week.  I think he was a warrior back in heaven.  He has such a great spiritual connection and is the most prepared person I have ever met.  I don't even know how to describe it.  He asks the most amazing questions and he is reading the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price. He is currently teaches martial arts and happens to be probably as big as a bear. When we first met him it was a bit intimidating. While at church, Brother Barnes gave him a Priesthood Blessing. John described after the blessing how he saw something.  He is so excited to be baptized on the 21st of September.  His Mormon friend in Ohio is even coming out to baptize him.

            Well, New Jersey is trying to become fall and I'm not exactly excited for it.  It has been a great summer and the best part was that it was not all that hot.  The Lord knew I could not handle a hard summer.  It hasn't been humid most days.  I feel so blessed.  Okay I now I'm really slow about pictures, but I promise next week well get a picture of my beautiful companion.  One thing about our new companionship is that we always end up in awkward situations.  Most of the time it involves contacting random people so that we forget what we’re going to say or it just comes out really funny.  Definitely many journal-worthy moments.

Sister Rogers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment