Blog background

Monday, December 23, 2013

I Turn 20 Today!

Sister Shearer and me - I got a haircut!
December 23, 2013


It’s my Birthday.  I'm 20--so old!  This week I've hit a ripe old age and am out of my teens.  My birthday will be a lot of fun because it is P-day.  Another Cool thing that happened this week is we got to see a live performance by Alex Boye.  He is an amazing singer who happens to be LDS and President Jeppson's son-in-law.   After the incredible performance he gave an incredible talk that was centered on "God will give you what you want you just have to believe it will happen."  It really stuck home for me and made me realize how important positive thinking is.  One of the best things he said was "If you think you’re so insignificant and small, try sharing a bed with a mosquito."  He has an amazing story so go on Mormon.org and check him out.    

The weather is so weird here.  Last week it was in the 20's with snow and now we have hit 70 with rain. So it will probably be just a wet Christmas. Besides the weather, the other crazy thing that is happened is that we accidentally went out of mission boundaries by the way of the Lincoln Tunnel (accidentally going through a line we weren't supposed to and we’ll receive a 50 dollar ticket later) and then we drove in Manhattan for about 10 minutes.  This was the scariest 10 minutes of my mission!  The best part was that I wasn't even with my companion, but another sister I was on an exchange with.  Let’s just say it was a fun day and we didn't get home until almost 8:00.  

Transfers are in two weeks and I'm so nervous.  I love Englewood and all the great people that come with it.  The most interesting things happen here like we saw a lady raking her snow the other day.  I know my letter is short, but my mom's been emailing me this whole time.  I pray that you all have a wonderful Christmas.  Thank you for all the letters and packages.  You have no idea what they mean to me.  Thank you for your love.

Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment