Blog background

Monday, March 24, 2014

The Future Looks Bright

March 24, 2014

This Week was Leadership Training which is 2 days: 16 hours of “how to” speeches and role plays.  It was incredible super spiritual experience.  There was one role play that we actually did with President Jeppson (kind of like teaching in front of the prophet) that I was able to teach with my MTC companion, Sister Brown.  I felt such love for her and the investigator that all my fear was gone.  "Perfect love casteth out all fear."  The spirit taught so amazingly that the missionary that was playing the investigator was feeling that love and light that the Lord had for him.  I just wanted to cry because I felt so happy.  We were also fed every 2 hours, so no one really went hungry    Sister Jeppson made the most amazing meat balls and all they had in them was chili sauce and grape jelly.  

This week our ward had a chili cook off with 6 different kinds of chili.  It tasted so good and our 5 Korean elders were the judges. I must say that my favorite thing was actually the Colombian cheese balls.  They are something I will miss.  Well tonight dinner looks like food from Chili.  I'm so excited!

We had an awe-inspiring experience at church yesterday.  Bro Yoon and his family came to church again!  The first thing he did has go up to Sister Shearer (my companion) and ask for our phone number because he had lost it and wanted to call us and set up an appointment.  It is so amazing because he talks all the time about wanting to become a member and uniting his family in one religion.  In class we experienced another surprise   I called on Brother Yoon to read the blessings of fasting and asked what he thought about it.  He instantly brought it back to the Savior and how he is the example for all of us.  I was speechless—this was coming from a man that hadn't been to church in quite some time.

Miracle

Yesterday we had 3 people scheduled for appointments, which is crazy for our P-day and then we got home and a less-active who doesn't often see us invited us to dinner.  We couldn’t believe it and all I could do in personal study was stare at the wall in wonder.  Our ward also just seemed to be missionary-minded this Sunday and people actually wanted to come out and teach with us. 

" To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."

 Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment