Blog background

Monday, May 26, 2014

Praying for Faith

May 26, 2014

            Well hopefully all of you are having a fantastic Memorial weekend.  The greatest news for the week is that we are going to the temple!!!!!!!!!! So we don't get a p-day, but it is so worth it.  I don't know if I mentioned it in my last letter, but this month’s goal for our zone is “Praying for Faith in Every Prayer.”  Well when you pray for faith, basically what happens is you experience trials of that faith.  Well, let just say that Sister Walton and I experienced 2 very hard weeks, but just as we were at the last end with people who were a little less than nice and all of our investigators basically being drop, and most of our appointments not going through there came the overflowing of blessings.  At first they were small—people simply being nice to us at the door.  Others followed like people responding to the scriptures we sent and being inspired by them.  Eventually this week we even received a new investigator that is living with one of our amazing members who is helping her out.  I feel so much more grateful for the little things in my life that God places there every day to help me through the day. 

            Miracles happen, but we need to just keep our eyes open.  One trick I learned on my mission is that if I want to be happy, I must continually be grateful for everything I have been given daily.  So my suggestion for all is that if you desire to feel of great joy in your life, say a prayer of gratitude every day no matter how rough the day goes.  It is opening our eyes to faith and hope that the Savior provides.

            My new address is:  507 Hawthorne Pl. Morganville, NJ 07751

I love you. 

Sister Rogers

P.S. Sorry my letter is short, but I only had 30 minutes to email.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment