Blog background

Monday, May 19, 2014

Transfers........From City Streets to Trees of Green

May 19, 2014

            I was so nervous at transfers that when president announced my name I didn't even hear where I was going or who my companion was.......It was a good thing she was paying attention.  Well, I'm in the south of Jersey with all the forests, which basically means that everything is engulfed by trees and then some.  I have an awesome companion named Sister Walton.  She is super-fun and apparently can't understand sarcasm (which is the language of our ward).  Her home state is California and my favorite thing about her is that she loves to read; we are definitely kindred spirits.

            This week the Primary president came out with us to teach an investigator, Rosa, who is having some struggles with why life is unfair. Sister Walton and I had prepared a lesson, but it became increasingly obvious that what we had prepared was not exactly what she needed.  However, amazingly Sis Cobb stepped in with her testimony that was backed by the intense feeling of the Spirit. They made such a connection and Rosa really understood and the spirit bore witness to her.  Sis Cobb said afterward how she had never felt such a connection to anyone like that before. It was such a testimony to me that the best way to share the gospel is as the members do missionary work.
    
            Well, time for a new start in a new area and of course Heavenly Father wants me to grow a lot, so I can already see some of the difficulties I will be facing. It is actually quite laughable. Somehow I have managed to lose my missionary name tag while wearing it, which has just been one of the many funny mishaps in this area so far.
        
            This month our zone goal is to pray for increased faith in every prayer. Well, when you pray for faith I have noticed a few things that the Lord sends your way. They are usually in the form of trials to test your faith.  So I can say with all confidence that have I seen the miracles of many trials that are placed in our path. There are days where everything has fallen through or no one wants to listen, but I have also witnessed many blessings so far that I would not have seen otherwise and I am starting to become grateful for them. In that lies true happiness.   I love you all!

Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment