Blog background

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Working with the Ward

Here I go!

March 23, 2015
 Family (believe me, you all are family),

            Hair chopping day!  You can see from the pictures that I got a new look.  I wasn't planning on it ‘till yesterday when my companion saw my pics when I cut my hair last summer.  She kept telling me to do it again and lo and behold our t-up is going to school for hair.  Sydora was just so sweet I couldn't resist giving her a shot at my poker-straight hair. Everyone at the school thought I was crazy for cutting so much off.  They had to cut it 3 times to get it the length I wanted. That was the first time I have ever paid for a haircut and it cost me
a whole 12 dollars.  So worth it.
            There were so many changes in our work this week.  We establish expectations with Bishop because he had the authority over the work. After that things seem to all fall together.  We were able to teach more and see the people that really needed our help.  This ward has a hard time with keeping the new members active.  We addressed the common problem that no one was being their friend.  The key to the work is we must strengthen the ward before we bring anyone new into the church.  It seems that as we have had that perspective as our focus then the work starts to really progress.  We are no longer afraid to drop those who are not ready for the gospel at this time. We are truly doing what the Lord has called us to do.
            Amazing quote that was shared in the YSA Sunday School about the Savior.  “He came to pay a debt he did not owe because we owed a debt. we could not pay.”
Love you so much!

Sister Rogers

 

 

 
 
Me and my companion, Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment