Blog background

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Saying Goodbye

Brother Thiong, Brother Jacob, and Me
March 2, 2015

            I'M LEAVING.......  Actually, both my companion and I are leaving.......In fact all the missionaries in the branch are leaving and they will have 4 new missionaries tomorrow.  I'm not sure what happened.  So basically it has been a bit of a hectic week.

            Well since I didn't send a letter last week I'll give you an update. Tuesday we got a phone call from our mission president's wife saying that she wants to go do missionary work with us.  That night we met with our investigator Agya and taught him about the book of Mormon.  Sister Taggart was amazing.   The not so exciting thing we did at district meeting was eating Balut ( it is a half incubated duck egg).  It tasted a little like a gross egg--very horrible.

            New York pizza is the best in the world.  So our awesome member brought a pizza all the way from New York for us to try.  I have never had such good pizza.  The crust was amazing.  Don’t get me wrong Jersey pizza is amazing to, but there is something about NY pizza. Everyone says its the Brooklyn water and I think I believe them.

            Had the coolest experience on my mission.  Camilla(our investigator) prayed for the first time in her whole life.  The spirit was so strong.   God cares so much about his children and it is amazing to see how even the most simple experiences help change us.

            Spending there last couple of days saying goodbye to all.  I’m going to miss this place.

Signing out
Sister Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment