Blog background

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

It is Fall

October 20, 2014

Happy Fall to Ya'll,

            This week I put my minimal math skills to use assisting in teaching a 12 year-old math.  It made me a bit worried about how long I have been out because of the confusion on my face as I tried to solve the problems.  

            Another skill that came in handy was my ability to clean gross things. Basically, a bathroom that hadn't been cleaned in at least 3 months (not my apartment) and a large area where plenty of used tissues resided.  I'm not trying to brag, but that place shined after I was through with it.  The apartment was my new comps, Sister Cobb and she had spent 2 weeks taking care of 2 sisters who had horrible sickness that caused many visits to the ER.

            There was also an amazing relief Society activity.  That involved emergency preparedness.  Everyone loved it.  We learned how to cook in Dutch ovens and what kind of supplies we needed to survive.  One of our less-actives, Sister Ransom, participated.  She has this cool idea of putting her driver’s license and all other important documentation copies on a flash drive so she can prove who she is if she ever has to leave.

            Well my companion is dying (she goes home soon), so for his last district meeting we all wore black like we were going to a funeral.

Sister Rogers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment