Blog background

Monday, October 27, 2014

Halloween

October 27, 2014

            I'm staying in Freehold.  This next transfer will mark me being in Freehold for 7 1/2 months.  If any of you recall, that is how long I stayed in my last area.  When all is said and done, I will have been in two areas for 15 months.  In my mission that is actually a super-long time to be in an area, especially for a sister, but I guess I'm just special.  

            Who is excited for Halloween?  In New Jersey the night before Halloween is called the Night of Mischief which requires us to be in our homes by 6:00 for safety.  So we should have a very fun holiday.  On Friday our ward had a trunk or treat/chili cook-off.  There were 19 different chilies to try with tons of corn bread.  I think I had 3 bowls of the best white chili ever.  Even Sy, our investigator, came, but being 80 he decided to stay away from the chili which probably was the best choice.

            Most Amazing spiritual experience:  We assigned Sister Ransom (our less-active) to give a lesson on forgiveness and repentance to us.  Having her teach to us is a bit unconventional, but we did it because she seems to do better when she is teaching herself.  Sister Ransom’s talk was so amazing.  She even taught me a thing or two about how much repenting is such a great gift to us.  Here are some quotes from her lesson:

·** Repenting is burning all your bridges in every direction except for the one that you are going to follow.

** When you feel like your drowning in life, don't worry; your lifeguard walks on water.

Well thanks for all your support.  I love you.

Sister Jersey Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment