Blog background

Monday, October 6, 2014


Me and Sister Houghton
October 6, 2014
            We watched “Meet the Mormons.”  It was an amazingly powerful reminder of who we are. I can't wait for everyone to see it!  Well, besides watching this amazing movie it also happened to be my year mark.  I am 1 in the mission.  Well let’s just say that is super weird because yesterday I was getting off a plane.  Now I only have one more session of General conference left before I go home.
            Well besides me being old this week, we taught the young men how to teach the first missionary discussion.  They did pretty well for never teaching anyone before.  There were a few times that it was really hard not to laugh, but I made it through with only a few smiles.  The ward plan is to make our ward an MTC for the young men and women.  
            One of our less-actives is quitting smoking.  She has gone over 2 days without smoking and she spent 8 hours in the church with us without anything but some gum.  We are so proud of her.  It is super hard to give up, but she wants to go to the temple.  The Lord is helping her so much and everyone has noticed a difference in her.  The light she has is shining forth.  She told us one of the keys to stop really any bad habit is to convince yourself that you are not losing anything, but gaining so much more.

Look at the new sparkly shoes Sister Scott gave us


              Sister Scotto, an elderly member, gave us the cutest sparkly shoes.  We visit her weekly and every time we complement on how cute they look.  Well to thank us for coming to see her, she bought us each a pair.  I love how much people desire to give.  It reminds me of Elder Holland's talk and it touched my heart so much.

Jersey Girl,

Sister Rogers


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment