Blog background

Monday, November 24, 2014

Been Blessed

November 24, 2014

            The work isn't always easy.  Actually it is never easy.  That is what makes us grow.

            Well this week I've had a run-in with my lack patience.  The Lord has been trying to teach me this lesson my whole mission and I've had a hard time learning it.  We have been contacting at least 10 people a day and the promise that we received was that we would double our investigators.  It had been a hard week and half of contacting people with no success.  I was ready to give up a bit.  But thankfully the Lord blessed me with an amazing companion.  She talked to everyone, even those who were a little less than friendly.  This is not her typical nature but she decided to give up insecurity and do what the Lord asked her to do.  Mostly because of her, we were able to speak to over 70 people and we got some great potentials.  She is such an example of being patient in the Lord's time.  I'm so grateful to have someone like her to teach me that the Lord fulfills his promises.

            As we have been consecrating ourselves this month, it has been a new experience of sacrifice.  I've discovered as I give up my imperfections (pride, selfishness and fear) to my Savior I have become a much better happier, person.  It has been a wonderful experience.  

            Sorry the letter is so short.  Our time was cut short.  I love you all and am so blessed to have you as family and friends.  Thanks for all the prayers.  I know they have carried me more than once.  I feel your love even all the way out here.  Have a great Thanksgiving.  I love you all.

Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment