Blog background

Monday, December 1, 2014

Princeton Stadium for Turkey Bowl

The Turkey Bowl at Princeton
 December 1, 2014

            We played football at an Ivy League college stadium – Princeton.  How much cooler can it get?  I even played.  “Don't Fall Over in Your Chairs.”  Sister Rogers actually ran around for an hour as people scored touch downs.  We even had some festive weather with the snow (My area didn't get any because we are too close to the shore).  My team won and I even dropped the football.  

            Thanksgiving dinner was amazing.  Sister Kniesler really outdid herself.  She made food for at least 10 people and there were only 5 of us.  My favorite dishes where bacon stuffing, broccoli and cauliflower casserole, and best of all a French onion soup thing.  I don't know how she made it so good.  I could have just eaten that for dinner and I don't even like onions that much.   We had two homemade pies, pumpkin and apple.  The potatoes and gravy where good, but I miss the Sadler version.

            We were quite satisfied with our Thanksgiving, but on Sunday night we had our second Thanksgiving surprise when a non-member (who has gone to relief society for 13 years) invited us over for dinner.  The turkey was as big as a medium dog.  Right before we ate she told us that the turkey was alive this morning.  She was at the farm and couldn't decide which one to choose until one of the turkeys flapped it wings.  You might say he volunteered as tribute. 

            Bishop Linares is the best bishop in the world.  We have recently been struggling to find new people to teach and we have been doing a lot of door knocking.  We asked him what we should do. He told us something I will never forget. "Sisters you have already done the hardest part.  You came here.  It is really our fault (the members) that you don't have anyone to teach."  That brought so much comfort to know that the work doesn't ride just on our shoulders but everyone has an equal part in missionary work.  That is something I want to try to remember so I can become the best member missionary ever.  It is such a blessing that the Lord is teaching me these things now.

            It has been so amazing to be a part of this ward.  I am going to miss it.

Check about this amazing video about the real meaning of Christmas.  It is so powerful


Sister Jersey


Me and my companion at the turkey bowl


My companion at the turkey bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment